Thursday, October 18, 2007

No... I'm Bob Dylan!

The much talked about soundtrack to the much talked about Bob Dylan film I'm Not There (directed by Todd Haynes,) has a preview of a few tracks streaming at Sony's Bob Dylan site. Sufjan Stevens, Cat Power and My Morning Jacket's Jim James are the tracks streaming, but that's just three of the 34 grand total songs on the album.

Playlist: Bob Dylan - I'm Not There (Originals)

Besides the above three, some of the other performers include Stephen Malkmus, The Hold Steady, Willie Nelson, Yo La Tengo, Calexico, Iron & Wine, Antony & The Johnsons, Mark Lanegan and Once's Glen Hansard & Markta Irglov.

Todd Haynes and music supervisor Randall Poster previously hooked up for the David Bowie/Lou Reed/Iggy Pop/Brian Eno fantasy Velvet Goldmine, and they've revisited what they did with the soundtrack there, employing the use of a 'house band' (VG featured two backing bands, the Venus in Furs -- featuring Radiohead; and the Wylde Ratts -- featuring Sonic Youth.) This time around, the backing band again features Sonic Youth (guitarist Lee Renaldo, drummer Steve Shelley) along with Television's Tom Verlaine, current Wilco guitarist Nels Cline, keyboardist John Medeski and Dylan bass player Tony Garnier.

4 comments:

  1. Bob Dylan - I'm Not There (Originals)

    1. All Along The Watchtower - Bob Dylan
    2. As I Went Out One Morning - Bob Dylan
    3. Ballad of a Thin Man - Bob Dylan
    4. Billy 1 - Bob Dylan
    5. Can You Please Crawl Out Your Window? - (single) - Bob Dylan
    6. Cold Irons Bound - Bob Dylan
    7. Dark Eyes - Bob Dylan
    8. Fourth Time Around - Bob Dylan
    9. Goin' To Acapulco - Bob Dylan
    10. Highway 61 Revisited - Bob Dylan
    11. I Dreamed I Saw St. Augustine - Bob Dylan
    12. I Wanna Be Your Lover - (unreleased) - Bob Dylan
    13. Just Like A Woman - Bob Dylan
    14. Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues - Bob Dylan
    15. Knockin' on Heaven's Door - Bob Dylan
    16. The Lonesome Death Of Hattie Carroll - Bob Dylan
    17. Maggie's Farm - Bob Dylan
    18. Mama, You Been On My Mind (From "Bringing It All Back Home") - (outtake) - Bob Dylan
    19. Man In The Long Black Coat - Bob Dylan
    20. Moonshiner (From "The Times They Are A-changin'") - (outtake) - Bob Dylan
    21. One More Cup Of Coffee - Bob Dylan
    22. Pressing On - Bob Dylan
    23. Ring Them Bells - Bob Dylan
    24. Senor (Tales Of Yankee Power) - Bob Dylan
    25. Simple Twist Of Fate - Bob Dylan
    26. Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again - Bob Dylan
    27. Restless Farewell - Bob Dylan
    28. Tombstone Blues - Bob Dylan
    29. When The Ship Comes In - Bob Dylan
    30. The Wicked Messenger - Bob Dylan
    31. You Ain't Goin' Nowhere - Bob Dylan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soooooooooooo looking forward to this CD!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're interested, we have a review of the soundtrack (the info and tracklist of which we first broke) and the movie.

    http://theplaylist.blogspot.com/2007/10/im-not-there-p-review-pt-1.html
    http://theplaylist.blogspot.com/2007/10/im-not-there-soundtrack-preview.html

    Yes, this is whatever, but it's hard watching a lazy blog like Sterogum get credit for this. We had the tracklist back in Sept.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phew, between the infected comments and your recurring paranoid heckler, it looks like no good deed goes unpunished here at Thus Spake Drake :P

    Thanks for the consistently illuminating work, capn. Chin up, and all that!

    ReplyDelete