Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Chuck: Moonlighting Syndrome be Damned

Will they or won't they? Count me in as one who's getting sick of the question already.

While I still mostly enjoy my weekly hour of Chuck (and Yvonne Strahovski looking all kinds of hotness in undergarments toting a gun,) the Sarah/Chuck relationship BS in the last three episodes has officially gotten on my nerves. Why is it always at the forefront? Assuming that gravity dictates things can't remain in the air, Chuck is inevitably building towards its own Moonlighting Syndrome -- a post-sexual tension scenario of 'what do you do after doing it?' Maybe by moving in together, we can get this whole thing over with soon. Or, better yet, if Morgan moves in as well, the tension can be eased up a bit by the short hairy one's presence. But no more sleeping in the buff, please, that was enough Joshua Gomez flesh to last me for eternity.

Even the music is slave to the 'will they/won't they' grind. Up and comers Local Natives started it alll with "Airplanes," which has Chuck already regretting the breakup ("I love it all so much / I call, I want you back") while Starflyer 59's Jesus-centric "The Brightest of the Head" focuses on it's closing lyrics to underscore Chuck and Sarah's fake/real breakup and fake/unreal makeup:
It's time, it's time, I've made up my mind
oh but I've changed my mind, that I've made up my mind
It speaks volumes to that aforementioned spinning wheel of a relationship.

Playlist: Chuck - Episode 2.15
1. "Tigers in the Fire" - Love Grenades
2. "Wake Up" - Mackintosh Braun
3. "Airplanes" - Local Natives
4. "The Brightest of the Head" - Starflyer 59

Previously: Semper Fidelis (Episode 2.14)

No comments: