Saturday, April 02, 2005

Leroy Brown: 1920-2005


Gramps & Ma
Originally uploaded by Drake LeLane.
Like the good Catholic that my Grandfather was, he followed the path of the Pope and died this early evening.
He was 85.

He very well could have been the inspiration for the Jim Croce song ("Bad, Bad LeRoy Brown") standing at a muscular 6'4" in his prime, and the brothers Brown (all 6'4" and above) were apparently quite the badasses.

Gramps
He was also known as the Silver Fox, with his hair going silver in his 30's.

Never got a chance to see his grandson Eli, but was cheered by the news of his arrival.

Will miss him very much.

Everyone knows "Bad, Bad Leroy Brown" but I find this one from Queen more fitting:
"Bring Back that Leroy Brown"

3 comments:

Robert Burke said...

My family sends its deepest sympathies. I know what it's like to lose a beloved grandparent.

covalent bond said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Please accept my condolences. My family will pray for your grandfather and family through this difficult time.

Chris said...

Wow. You've certainly been presented lately with the full definition of life on Earth, haven't you? Your perspective is always refreshing and your thoughts on your grandfather are beautiful. My deepest sympathies.