Friday, January 16, 2009

Ear on TV Addendum: Inaugural Balls the Wall

Another casualty of posting early in advance of my vacation was that I missed this Sunday's Pre-Inauguration Celebration to be televised on HBO for free (to those with cable and satellite reception). Featuring performances from Bruce Springsteen ("The Rising",) U2 ("Beautiful Day," one presumes,) Stevie Wonder ("For Once in My Life" is my guess) and Beyonce (singing "At Last," reprising her role as Etta James in Cadillac Records,) it looks like a better party than the real Inaugural Ball.

Sunday: HBO: We Are One: The Obama Inaugural Celebration: U2, Bruce Springsteen, Stevie Wonder, Peet Seeger, Beyonce, Mary J. Blige, Herbie Hancock, Bettye Lavette, John Legend, John Mellencamp, Shakira, James Taylor, Will.I.Am, Sheryl Crow, more

No comments: