Friday, May 22, 2009

Hunting Sasquatch - A Saturday/Sunday Primer

The Sasquatch Music festival has always been my favorite, and it's primarily due to it's location, the majestic gorge in South Central Washington. The lineup of artists ain't too shabby either. I've always found myself avoiding the mainstage in the evenings, and this year, with headliners like Kings of Leon and Nine Inch Nails, that tradition remains intact. The Wookie Stage draws smaller crowds and quite often, better acts. I've got my schedule mostly set, and it's embedded below.

Who am I excited to see this year? Well, readers of this blog won't be surprised by most. On Saturday, there's Passion Pit and King Kahn and the Shrines in the early part of the day, and then Animal Collective and Bon Iver in the evening. Sunday features St. Vincent, The Wrens, TV on the Radio and Of Montreal, who are all need-to-see when in town. The early part of Monday is what I'll be sad to miss -- Grizzly Bear, Deerhoof, Black Moth Super Rainbow, Santigold, The Duchess and the Duke, Monotix, Fleet Foxes all play in a span of about four hours.

It's been four years now since I was last here, a period of time marked by having kids and schedule conflicts (bar mitzvah, wedding, etc.). The weather has also been freakish in the years since I've been, so it's nice to see that we're expecting 85 degrees and dry for both days.

Here are the expected points where my camera will be getting a workout:

No comments: