Friday, June 05, 2009

Robyn Hitchcock: I Often Dream of Trains

Tonight marks the broadcast debut of Robyn Hitchcock: I Often Dream of Trains, a Sundance Channel concert film shot by documentary director John Edginton. Last year, Hitchcock played some dates celebrating the 1984 classic I Often Dream of Trains, and this film captures one of his NYC shows, complete with the free-associative spontaneity (batsh*t-crazery) that is half the draw to his performances (I know it is for me, anyway).

It might sound dodgy now, but it sounds great when you're dead
"Sounds Great When You're Dead" - I Often Dream of Trains

Here's a performance of "Up to Our Nex" (which he played in the Jonathan Demme film Rachel Getting Married,) culled from the same concert late last year:


Airings on Sundance:
Friday, June 5 - Midnight
Monday, June 8 - 4:05AM
Tuesday, June 9 - 4PM
Friday, June 26 - 4:45PM
Monday, June 29 - 7:50AM

Yep Roc will be releasing a DVD of the concert film later this year.

Previously mentioned in the Ear on TV listings for this week

No comments: