I've had a chance to see most of the second seasons for both Nurse Jackie and The United States of Tara, and while both good shows with their share of problems, it's becoming more obvious that Tara has hit its stride, while NJ still is having problems overcoming its issues from the first season.A
Nurse Jackie's premiere also had a sort of feel good intro where the ugliness of reality broke us back to the dark truths from the end of Season one. The happy family montage to Aretha Franklin's "I Say a Little Prayer" is disrupted by a rotting raccoon head on the beach -- kind of serving as the metaphor for the discarded Eddie.
Nurse Jackie - Episode 2.01
1. "I Say a Little Prayer" - Aretha Franklin
2. "You're Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile" (Reprise) [from the musical Annie]
United States of Tara - Episode 2.01
1. "Care of Cell 44" - The Zombies
2. "Tidal Wave of Sound" ? - Craigslist
3. (referenced) "Jai Ho" - A.R. Rahman
4. "Broken Heart for Sale" - Heather Myles
Previously: Nurse Jackie "Tiny Bubbles"
No comments:
Post a Comment