Friday, January 21, 2005

Just one more...

Ok, it's been 8 straight posts having to do with Death/Funerals/Eulogies, and I'm through.

So I thought I'd pass on a great song that was just recently added to Rhapsody's music library. It's an advance single from the soon to be released Kings of Leon album, Aha Shake Heartbreak, entitled "Bucket". Producer Ethan Johns (Ray Lamontagne, The Jayhawks) generously captures these Tenessee preacher kids' garage rock, sixties English blues and psychedelia, and generally ethereal country-fried rock revelry.

Now that I look at the lyrics, I'm thinking it's about death too. I just can't seem to escape it.

You kick the bucket and I'll swing my legs
Always remember the pact that we made
Too young to die but old isn't great


Enjoy
Kings of Leon "Bucket"


No comments: