Thursday, January 13, 2005

Playlist for a funeral

Choosing music for a funeral can be quite therapeutic, even thinking of them for your own... I just went through the process and came across quite a few songs that would be interesting, given the right person. I actually used song #'s 3, 4 & 5 for a slideshow at the funeral reception and #9 for the vigil the night prior.

If all goes well for you, this list shouldn't be useful... but really does it ever all go well?
Rhapsody playlist
  1. "Don't Think Twice, It's Alright" by Bob Dylan
  2. "Come on Up to the House" by Tom Waits
  3. "Good Riddance (The Time of Your Life") by Greenday
  4. "Somewhere Over the Rainbow/Wonderful World by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
  5. "If You Want to Sing Out" by Cat Stevens
  6. "The Rising" by Bruce Springsteen
  7. "The Spirit Carries On" by Dream Theater
  8. "Heaven Adores You" by Earlimart
  9. "All the Wild Horses" by Ray Lamontagne
  10. "Please Tell My Brother" by Golden Smog
  11. "Calling For You" by Iris Dement
  12. "Rest in Peace" by Mott the Hoople
  13. "MLK" by U2
  14. "Hallelujah" by Jeff Buckley

1 comment:

Shawn Anderson said...

Here's the songs I used in a slideshow tribute... more country then I'd have at my own, but worked for my sister.
"Live Life Like You Were Dying" by Tim McGraw
"Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)" by Greenday
"Somewhere Over the Rainbow/Wonderful World" by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
"Landslide" by The Dixie Chicks
"If You Want to Sing Out" by Cat Stevens
"The Dance" by Garth Brooks

And for the vigil, there was another good one I used that wasn't in Rhapsody:
"A Minor Incident" by Badly Drawn Boy
And one I forgot:
"Songbird" by Fleetwood Mac