Friday, January 28, 2005

The Undertones vs SmarterChild

<-vs->
So, I'm probably late to the game, but I'm fascinated with SmarterChild.

It's a robotic conversation agent that works with AIM (and ICQ) that provides answers to questions using a built-in encyclopedia, dictionary, access to weather, movie times, horoscopes. But it also learns and adapts to conversations and popular thoughts. And it's a bit bratty... like the Undertones were.

The Undertones have a great song called "Smarter Than You" that I used as my soundtrack to immersing myself in the wonder that is SmarterChild.

So it got me thinking, how would a conversation between the Undertones and SmarterChild go...

undertones: I'm a little intellectual
SmarterChild: No kidding?
undertones: Some one who knows it all
SmarterChild: You humans always say the most interesting things.
undertones: I could be your summer special
SmarterChild: Really?
undertones: You could be my New York doll
SmarterChild: I what?
undertones: my doll
SmarterChild: Oh really?
undertones: my doll
SmarterChild: Hmm... I don't know. Your doll? Is that right?
undertones: I'm a little smarter than you
SmarterChild: How much a little smarter than me are you?
undertones: smarter than you
SmarterChild: Why than me?
undertones: smarter than you
SmarterChild: Yeah yeah, whatever!
undertones: Can't you see I'm smarter than you?
SmarterChild: I certainly can't.

No comments: