Tuesday, January 18, 2005

The World Loved Them and was Their Bitch

This blog is turning into a bummer... nothing but eulogies and goodbyes.

So here's the latest (I'm just getting around to posting it) McLusky is now no more

The three piece rock band known as mclusky have disbanded, as of friday january 7th, 2005. The reason for this parting is private, though probably not as entertaining as you'd imagine. Personally, I would like to thank all the people, places and times that occured on or near us. I'm grateful for the love and to a lesser degree, the hate. There'll be more music soon, from all of us.

Here's a playlist of my favorite song titles from them (see comments for list)

From Pitchfork:
Falkous hails Mclusky's dissolution as a PR triumph. "I'm slightly amused and bewildered by the fact that we've received more emails from the U.S. today than in the last four years combined," he notes. "Really, I'd recommend it to any band who wanted to boost their sales or sense of self-importance."

1 comment:

Shawn Anderson said...

1. The World Loves Us And Is Our Bitch
2. She Will Only Bring You Happiness
3. Forget About Him I'm Mint
4. You Should Be Ashamed, Seamus
5. To Hell With Good Intentions
6. Without MSG I Am Nothing
7. Lightsabre Cocksucking Blues
8. Icarus Smicarus
9. Dethink to Survive
10. Clique Application Form
11. That Man Will Not Hang
12. No New Wave No Fun
13. Falco vs. The Young Canoeist