Thursday, March 30, 2006

Can't hardly wait!

Play it: Don't You Know Who I Think I Was?

The Replacements reunited to record their first new material since 1990!

The three surviving members (Paul Westerberg, Chris Mars and Tommy Stinson) apparently got together two record two new Westerberg-penned songs back in December for a compilation coming out in June called Don't You Know Who I Think I Was? (tracklisting here.) The songs "Message to the Boys" and "Pool & Dive" end the compilation (I've got the rest in the playlist.)

Not only that, Rhino is planning to release a box set which will include some previously unreleased material, as well as a DVD of live performances (Saturday Night Live, Old Grey Whistle Test.)

Meanwhile, Westerberg and Stinson (who's also in the current Guns N' Roses lineup) continue to work together finishing a couple movie soundtracks, for the films Open Season and Catch and Release.

More:
Color us f*cking impressed (Pitchfork)
Replacements Reunite For New Songs (Billboard)

tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Shawn Anderson said...

The Replacements Don't You Know Who I Think I Was?

01 Takin a Ride
02 Shiftless When Idle
03 Kids Don't Follow
04 Color Me Impressed
05 Within Your Reach
06 I Will Dare
07 Answering Machine
08 Unsatisfied
09 Here Comes a Regular
10 Kiss Me on the Bus
11 Bastards of Young
12 Left of the Dial
13 Alex Chilton
14 Skyway
15 Can't Hardly Wait
16 Achin' to Be
17 I'll Be You
18 Merry Go Round
19 Message to the Boys *
20 Pool & Dive *

* New songs

Anonymous said...

Oh snap!