Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Wincing the charts away

The Shins' Wincing the Night Away debuts this week at #2 with 118,000 copies sold (Billboard.) The album also opens at No. 1 on Top Independent Albums, Top Digital Albums, Top Internet Albums and the Top Tastemakers chart.

Still waiting to hear if it puts a dent in the Freshmakers chart.

I guess Sub Pop's gamble might pay off after all. It will be interesting to see now if The Shins stick with the indie label now that they've shown they can get them on the charts.

Album: The Shins - Wincing the Night Away

tags: , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Michelle Auer said...

So far I have not been really excited about what I have heard on this one. But, I have spent any real time listening to it yet, so maybe it will grow on me?

Shawn Anderson said...

I'm not a fan of the production as it makes it feel a lot more disposable the past releases. That being said, there are a few songs that now have lodged themselves permanently in my brain ("Girl Sailor," "Australia," and "A Comet Appears.")