"Love knows no bounds," or does it?
Not all things can get the mash-up treatment, like Sisqo and My Fair Lady - but I bet somebody out there is working hard to prove otherwise to writer Ian Brennan. Speaking of Brennan, given his previous scripted eppy, "The Rhodes Not Taken," perhaps he should get a few more thrown his way. The concept of "Mash-up" is thought to be applied to the songs, but not a single song got the treatment, instead it was just diverging characters dallying in the practice. Ultimately, there were two reasons this episode worked better than most. Matthew Morrison's footwork and, more importantly, there was no sign of Terri (and that last point can't be emphasized enough).
Like last week, here's a reminder that the first soundtrack from the series, Glee:The Music, Volume 1, is available now for pre-order and on the shelves November 3. We heard a few more songs from the album tonight, and still can look forward to seeing their renditions of Billy Idol/Generation X's "Dancing with Myself" and "Defying Gravity" from Wicked (sung in cast recording by Glee guest Kristen Chenoweth in the musical).
Playlist: Glee - Episode 1.08
1. "Flight of the Bumblebee" - The Swingle Singers
2. "Bust a Move" - Glee cast (Young MC original)
3. "Thong Song" - Glee cast (Sisqo original)
4. "What a Girl Wants" - Christina Aguilera (Rachel sings)
5. "Sweet Caroline" - Glee cast (Neil Diamond original)
6. "Sing, Sing, Sing" - (originally by Benny Goodman)
7. "I Could Have Danced All Night" from My Fair Lady
Previously: "Throwdown" (Episode 1.07)